We’re a nation of animal lovers and over 12 million of us share our homes with pets - that’s a whopping 44% of UK households! Whether it’s dogs, cats, rabbits or goldfish, they’re all part of the family. But what is it about pets we all love so much?
Maybe we should be asking what it is we don’t love so much! Of course, there are going to be a million things on the list of loves, but here are just a few from us and the team! Comment below and let us know what you think is the best thing about being a pet parent.
- Unconditional love – nothing compares to the love and loyalty of a precious pet; no matter what happens, they’re always there, with a wagging tail or a friendly purr, ready to bring a smile to our face and lift our spirits. They don’t care how we look, where we’re from, or what we do for a living – their love is unconditional, constant, and evident in all they do.
- Warm greetings – there’s nothing like a warm welcome after a long day at work to remind us how much we’re loved and missed. “I love coming home to my dog, Bear, who is always so excited to see me” says Hannah, VioVet blogger. Surely no one is more elated and excitable than a dog whose parent has just returned!
- Unlimited kisses and cuddles – this doesn’t just apply to cats and dogs, although their affections are hard to beat. “My chicken, Izzy, is very soft and sweet and always comes out to greet you,” says Marketing Analyst, James.
- Fellow adventurer/reason to be active – sometimes it’s hard to be motivated and get out and active, but with a dog on your heels it won’t even feel like exercise! Having a dog and being active go hand-in-hand, which is a reason why many people choose dog ownership in the first place. “I love the fact that having a dog makes me get out more” says Marketing Manager, Verity.
- Entertainment – whether it’s chasing their tails, falling asleep in strange places, or talking to us, the behaviours, quirks and cheeky personalities of pets are often hilarious and keep us well and truly entertained. “I love that my husky always sings to me” says Danielle, Own Brand Manager.
- Happiness – put simply, having pets is the daily dose of happiness we all need and the only reason for having them that really matters!
There are bound to be loads more reasons why you love your pet, so please get in touch and tell us in the comments!
Written by: Hannah