Open until 6:00pm : 01582 842096
VioVet Insurance
Free Delivery on orders over £29

Pooch mistakes diamonds for dog food

Wednesday, 24th August 2011

A pet pooch accidentally mistook diamonds for dog food at the jewellery shop its owners run.

Honey Bun, from Georgia in the US, accidently ate $10,000 (£6,000) worth of diamonds in the jewellery shop that is co-owned by Chuck and Ann Roberts, reports the Daily Mail.

Mr Roberts revealed that he left his desk, which had on it some diamonds, a few pens and dog treats.

He came back to find an empty jewellery pouch on the floor.

According to the news provider, Mr Roberts told WALB, he said: "We looked all over and there weren't any diamonds, so immediately I knew he'd eaten them. So we took him to the vets to run X-rays."

"The next afternoon sure enough the earring back and two diamonds were recovered, no panic."

Mr Roberts added that Honey Bun did not get in trouble for his heist, as it was his fault for leaving the chair in a way that meant he could get onto the desk.