VioPet Treats
Visit our Christmas Shop
  • Owners hit with £400 vet bill after cat eats single blade of grass

Owners hit with £400 vet bill after cat eats single blade of grass

Wednesday, 28th November 2012

Luxury cat food may that little bit more pricey than supermarkets' own brands, but the price is nothing next to the sum one pet owner had to pay after her four-legged friend opted to snack on some grass.

Jackie Fry from Thorpe Bay in Essex, became concerned when her black and white cat Daisy developed a persistent cough, with her local vet struggling to find a solution to the problem.

That is until they decided to put a tiny camera down the cat's throat, thereby revealing a single blade of grass lodged in her throat.

Speaking to the South West News Agency, Ms Fry revealed that she has had to pay more than £400 in vets fees so as to get the six-and-a-half year old cat back to her old self.

"I think we may have to move to a flat with no garden if Daisy makes a habit of this!" she added.

At the same time, a pair of dog owners in Somerset have revealed they were stumped with a £600 vet bill after their Labrador swallowed a fishing hook, This is West Country has reported.