Open Fri 8:30am : 01582 842096
Free Delivery on orders over £29
VioVet Insurance

Jack Russell saves owner's life

Wednesday, 21st December 2011

A Jack Russell will no doubt be spoiled with pet toys this Christmas after saving his owner's and her teenage son’s lives.

Kerry Sutton, from Kent, was asleep in her house as she is recovering from a brain tumour when her car caught on fire, reports

However, Moo, her dog, raised the alarm after flames reached the letterbox and began to engulf the house.

Ms Sutton told the news provider: "Moo started nudging me to wake up and I thought 'what’s going on out there?’

"I looked out and saw the car on fire and flames rising up towards the front of the house. I thought, 'how am I going to get out of here?’"

Luckily, Ms Sutton and her 17-year-old teenage son were able to escape through a neighbour’s garden after he smashed in the wooden fence separating the properties.

Although the property suffered from smoke damage and ruined carpets, Ms Sutton said that thanks to Moo, she is still here to see Christmas.