Open until 6:00pm : 01582 842096
VioVet Insurance
Free Delivery on orders over £29

Hero dog saves Louis Tomlinson's cousin from house fire

Monday, 15th April 2013

A dog named Rico has been hailed for saving the life of 21-year-old Tyrone Clarke from Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

One Direction member Louis Tomlinson is said to be in a state of shock after hearing how his cousin nearly perished in a house fire, the Sunday Mirror reports.

Tyrone was immediately taken to hospital after suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.

The 23 year-old recalled how his dog alerted him to the fire, caused by a fridge which burst into flames.

"When Rico first woke me up, I tried to get back to sleep, but he jumped on the bed and licked my face," he said.

Tyrone then wrapped a scarf around his mouth and nose before dousing the flames several times to stop a nearby mains gas pipe from exploding.

"If Rico hadn't woken me, the whole house would have burned down. He saved my life."

Tyrone is now recovering at home.