The RSPCA has issued a warning to cat owners in the Nottingham area after several suspicious deaths in Bisthorpe.
During the last month three cats have died in the town after ingesting anti-freeze, while several others have disappeared.
In response to what the RSPCA says are suspicious and disturbing cases, the animal charity is asking people to inspect their gardens for spilt anti-freeze. If even a tiny amount of the chemical is ingested the result can be a slow and painful death.
Speaking to ITV News, one owner who lost two of her felines said she is convinced the poisonings are deliberate.
Emma Davenport took her cat Tatty-One to the vet, only to be told he couldn't be saved due to kidney failure from anti-freeze poisoning.
Less that two weeks later, Ms Davenport said her second cat Tibby "was acting like she was drunk. And her pupils were huge. I took her straight to the vets and she died that night from kidney failure".
If the cats have been purposefully poisoned the perpetrators could face up to 6 months in prison and a £20,000 fine.