Open until 6:00pm : 01582 842096
VioVet Insurance
Free Delivery on orders over £29

Spalding woman warns fellow cat owners of poisonous snakes

Tuesday, 9th August 2011

A woman from Spalding whose cat had to be given pet medication after being bitten by a poisonous snake has warned other owners of the danger nearby.

Lisa Osborne, who owns eight-year-old Milly, found her four-legged friend collapsed and rushed her to the vet, who identified a snake bite, reports

The vet believes Milly may have accidently stumbled upon an adder's nest.

She told the news provider: "I really don't want this to happen to anyone else. I really thought she was going to die. She had to be pumped full of drugs and she was with the vet for three days.

"You really don't think about there being poisonous snakes so close to your home and I just want to raise people's awareness."

Ms Osborne added that snakes can also be particuarly dangerous to dogs, other small animals and children.

Adders are the UK's only poisonous snake found in the wild.