Open Wed 8:30am : 01582 842096
VioVet Insurance
Free Delivery on orders over £29

Pooch mistakes Jaguar for dog food

Tuesday, 30th August 2011

One pooch may well have needed pet medication after mistaking a Jaguar for dog food.

Indie, a two-year-old Labrador from Bristol, swallowed a three-inch toy car that his owner's son had been playing with, reports the Daily Mail.

Belinda Simpkin explained to the vets that she found Indie lying on the floor panting.

She is quoted as saying: "Ben was given this party bag with the car inside.

"He was absolutely delighted with it and took it home to play with.

"Indie would pick it up in his mouth and drop it at Ben's feet ... All of a sudden, Ben came to me and said 'Mum, I think he's swallowed the car'."

Luckily Indie was treated before the car had passed through into his intestine, which could have resulted in a fatality.

Vet Katie Illingworth, who operated on Indie, explained that the size of the car meant it could have obstructed his intestine and perforated it.

Another pooch with expensive tastes recently munched down on $10,000 (£6,000) worth of diamonds at the jewellery shop its owners run, the news provider recently reported.