Open Tue 8:30am : 01582 842096
VioVet Insurance
Free Delivery on orders over £29

Kelly Osbourne reveals how her dog nearly died

Wednesday, 25th May 2011

Kelly Osbourne's pooch may have needed some pet medication as the dog nearly died after eating chewing gum.

The singer revealed that she had to rush her Pomeranian, Sid, to the vet after he ate some chewing gum but that he had a lucky escape as the wrapper was still on the confectionary.

She said: "There's Xylitol - a sweetener in gum, which is the dog equivalent of giving cyanide to humans. It causes their blood sugar to drop and shuts down their liver functions.

"The vet thinks, because he chewed it with paper on, it didn't go into his system as quickly as it could have, which saved his life. I've now banned gum from my flat."

The daughter of rock legend Ozzy Osbourne added that Sid is fine now and that she is pleased, but that the event was traumatic.

Kelly Osbourne shot to fame through the reality series The Osbournes, which ran between 2002 and 2005.