Open Mon 8:30am : 01582 842096
VioVet Insurance
Free Delivery on orders over £29

Kitten swallows 15cm aerial

Friday, 11th January 2013

A tabby kitten called Alphie bit off more than he could chew when he swallowed a 15cm-long television aerial that lodged in his oesophagus and stomach and required surgery to be removed.

Vanessa Waite, who resides in Sheffield, had only had him for a few days when he developed an unhealthy obsession with the TV, claiming he would sit for hours watching the moving pictures on the screen.

While fears that Alphie would develop square eyes may have been unrealised, Vanessa had no idea that the little kitten was in fact fixated by the aerial and was totally unaware that he had eaten it until he started to be sick one evening.

"The next morning I took him to the PDSA. It wasn't until later that I realised that one of the aerial antennas was missing from my TV," she said.

Alphie is now safe and well at home, and his appetite for cat food has no doubt returned following his little adventure.