Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours.
Sign up and save time
Acclaim household flea spray is used to eradicate or prevent flea infestations in the home. One 400ml can is enough to treat 140 square metres and will kill fleas for 6 months, but more importantly it will prevent them breeding for 12 months.
Fleas become a pest when they breed in nooks and crannies around your home, building up a large population, most of which is not on your pets at any one time, so cannot be treated by products applied to them. Treating your house for fleas makes more sense than treating your animals sometimes, because there can be as many as 100 developing fleas in the environment for every 1 flea on your pet!
A Guide to using Acclaim®
Hints and Tips
Eggs are laid by a flea on your pet, then they drop off onto the floor or bedding, to develop later into fleas. Sometimes a huge population will build up, completely out of site. They can then develop in waves and infest any pets in the house. Even houses with no carpets are at risk - fleas can easily develop in the gaps between floor boards, skirting boards etc. Every little crevice at floor level in your house needs to be sprayed to prevent fleas from becoming a nuisance. Treatment at the start of the warm weather, before fleas have taken hold, is recommended.
The fleas you see on your pet are adult fleas which are only 5% of the flea population, the other 95% are made up by the other 3 life stages, which are eggs, larvae and pupa which live in commonly visit area's by your pet, i.e. carpets, bedding, rugs etc.
Vet-Kem Acclaim Household Flea Spray is one of the most effective household flea sprays available.
When treating the house care should be taken to treat all of carpets and rugs, skirting boards and tiles, paying particular attention to any cracks, crevices and areas hidden areas by such things like furniture. After spraying it is recommended that the room is closed up for half an hour and then ventilated for a further half hour.
Vet-Kem Acclaim Household Flea Spray will interrupt the life cycle by killing the eggs and larvae of the flea but you may see residual adult fleas appearing due to the chemicals being unable to kill off the pupa stage.
An application of Vet-Kem Acclaim Household Flea Spray will be active in your home for up to 1 year. One canister is sufficient to cover 140sqm.
Vet-Kem Household Flea Spray also eliminates ants, cockroaches, ticks, earwigs, silverfish, other bristle tails, centipedes, spiders and beetles.
Permethrin (rapidly kills adult fleas),
In order to be effective it will be necessary to treat any animals in the household for fleas and as fleas act as an intermediary host to tapeworm and effective worming treatment is also recommended.
All prices include VAT where applicable. *The freephone number is free from most UK landlines only, mobiles are usually charged so we'd recommend calling our landline from your mobile or internationally.
Below are some recent questions we've received regarding Acclaim Household Flea Treatment, including answers from our team.Ask Your Own Question
Sorry that this product is out of stock, instead of having to keep checking back to see if we have it, we can send you a notification as soon as it comes back in stock.
We won't use any details you enter for any other purpose than letting you know when this is back in stock.
Please enter details for each method you'd like us to notify you by:
VioPoints are a way for us to say thank you for purchasing from VioVet.
You will receive VioPoints by purchasing this product, which can be redeemed for a discount on future purchases. For each 1000 points redeemed at the checkout, you will receive a 20p discount.
The number of VioPoints is shown on the product listing and they are awarded on dispatch of the order.
Terms and conditions apply.