Dietary allergies and food intolerances are surprisingly common in cats. They usually develop in young or middle aged cats and can cause a variety of problems affecting the digestion as well as the skin. Usually they will be to one or more specific proteins in the diet. None of the dietary proteins which commonly cause these reactions are present in Hills Prescription Z/D Diets, so feeding the diet for at lease 6 weeks will allow the reaction to subside and the symptoms improve.
- Product Price QTY
Hills Prescription Cat Food » Z/D Food » Low Allergen » 2kg BagEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. Our price: £19.47 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » Z/D Food » Low Allergen » 12kg (6 x 2kg Bags)Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. Our price: £113.38 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » Z/D Food » Ultra Allergen Free » 156g Tin » Pack of 24Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £35.76 Our price: £28.81 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » Z/D Food » Ultra Allergen Free » 156g Tin » Pack of 72Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £107.28 Our price: £83.86 Buy
- Feeding Guide
- Hills Prescription Diet z/d key benefits
- Additional information
- Recommended for
- Not recommended for
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary.Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
|Body weight kg||Dry grams|
|2||30 - 45|
|3||45 - 60|
|4||55 - 75|
|5||65 - 85|
|6||70 - 100|
|7 +||12 - 14 per kg|
A 156g can of z/dTM ULTRA Allergen-Free Feline canned is equal to 45 grams of z/dTM Low Allergen Feline dry.
|Body Weight kg||Cans 156g|
|2||2/3 - 1|
|3||1 - 1 1/3|
|4||1 1/4 - 1 2/3|
|5||1 1/3 - 2|
|6||1 1/2 - 2 1/4|
|7 +||1/4 per kg|
|KEY FEATURES||KEY BENEFITS|
Single animal source: chicken liver
|Helps minimise adverse food reactions.|
|Carbohydrate||Single source: rice||Adverse reaction to rice is rare in cats|
|Essential fatty acids||Increased||Helps nourish the skin and coat.|
|Digestibility||High||Improves nutrient availability for patients with compromised digestive tracts|
|Superior antioxydant formula||Added||Neutralizes free radicals.|
Ground rice, rice protein concentrate, chicken liver hydrolysate, vegetable oil, dried chicken liver hydrolysate, calcium carbonate, cellulose, potassium chloride, dicalcium phosphate, salt, calcium sulphate, taurine, vitamins and trace elements. Contains EU approved antioxidant.
Chicken liver hydrolysate, maize starch, vegetable oil, cellulose, calcium carbonate, DL-methionine, dicalcium phosphate, potassium chloride, iodised salt, taurine, calcium sulphate, vitamins and trace elements.
- Proteins with a molecular weight less than 10,000 daltons are unlikely to be detected by the immune system.
- The animal protein in z/dTM ULTRA Allergen-Free Feline is extensively hydrolysed (a major part of the protein has less than 3,000Daltons in size) to minimise the risk to be detected by the immune system.
- The carbohydrate source is maize starch, refined to contain less than 0.3% vegetable protein.
- The fat source is vegetable oil, purified to contain no protein.
- z/dTM ULTRA Allergen-Free Feline only exists as canned food, if preferred, it can be fed together with z/dTM low Allergen Feline dry, if the cat does not have an adverse reaction against rice.
- Adverse food reactions (food allergy or food intolerance)
Use as an elimination diet to rule out adverse food reactions in case of:
- Chronic pruritus.
- Otitis externa.
- Gastro-intestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease (including colitis).
Not recommended for
- Pregnant or lactating queens
Need help or advice? Contact us:
- Freephone: 0800 084 2608
- Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 7:00pm
- Sat: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Email: email@example.com
All prices include VAT where applicable.
No Reviews For Hills Prescription Cat Food » Z/D Food
Have you tried Hills Prescription Cat Food » Z/D Food? Be the first to write a review!