Hills prescription R/D diet feline is for the nutritional management of Obese or Overweight cats. It is important to feed a restricted amount of top quality food to cats which need to lose weight. Hills r/d will help as part of the weight control programme. It contains restricted calorie levels and additional fibre, yet is still highly palatable.
Being overweight can cause your cat discomfort, reduce energy levels and even shorten her life. Just as in people, weight gain is usually associated with excessive calorie and fat intake combined with a lack of exercise. Obesity can lead to such serious conditions as diabetes, heart disease, and others.
- Product Price QTY
Hills Prescription Cat Food » R/D Food » 156g Tin » Pack of 24Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £33.36 Our price: £27.28 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » R/D Food » 1.5kg BagEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. Our price: £12.74 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » R/D Food » 5kg BagEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £45.99 Our price: £37.65 Buy
- Feeding Guide
- Hills Prescription Diet r/d key benefits
- Additional information
- Recommended for
- Not recommended for
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount as necessary. To correct obesity, the amount to be fed should be based on the estimated ideal weight (target weight) and not the weight when obese.
|FOR WEIGHT LOSS|
|Target Body Weight kg||Dry grams|
|7 +||10 per kg|
A 156g can is equal to 40 grams of the dry food.
|FOR ALL OTHER INDICATIONS|
|Body Weight kg||Dry grams|
|2||35 - 50|
|3||50 - 70|
|4||65 - 85|
|5||75 - 100|
|6||85 - 115|
|7 +||16 per kg|
|FOR WEIGHT LOSS|
|Target Body Weight kg||Cans 156 g|
|7 +||1/4 per kg|
|ALL OTHER INDICATIONS|
|Body Weight kg||Cans 156 g|
|2||1 - 1 1/3|
|3||1 1/3 - 1 3/4|
|4||1 2/3 - 2 1/3|
|5||2 - 2 3/4|
|6||2 1/4 – 3|
|MIXED FEEDING GUIDE FOR WEIGHT LOSS|
|Target Body Weight kg||Cans 156 g||Dry grams|
|MIXED FEEDING GUIDE ALL OTHER INDICATIONS|
|Body Weight kg||Cans 156 g||Dry grams|
|KEY FEATURES||KEY BENEFITS|
|Low||Stored body fat is used to meet energy needs, resulting in weight loss.|
|Fibre||High||Excess weight: provides increased dietary bulk which aids satiety and avoids hunger|
Facilitates conversion of fat to energy, causing faster weight loss.
Helps maintain lean body mass.
|L-Lysine||Added||L-Lysine Supplemented Helps preserve lean muscle mass.|
|Superior antioxidant formula||Added||Helps neutralise free radicals that increase in obese animals.|
Poultry meat meal, maize, maize gluten meal, cellulose, digest, animal fat, minerals, L-lysine, L-carnitine, taurine, vitamins, DL-methionine, trace-elements, beta-carotene.
Minced with Liver (minimum 30%): Pork liver, cellulose, pork, maize starch, ground rice, chicken, maize gluten meal, vegetable oil, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, calcium sulphate, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, taurine, iodised salt, digest, L-carnitine supplement, vitamins and trace elements.
- Realistic weight loss is approximately 1 % of bodyweight per week.
- The feeding amounts shown may sometimes need to be decreased to produce optimal weight loss.
- Full client co-operation must be obtained and food intake strictly controlled. Hill's provides client information to help successful weight loss; contact your Hill's representative for assistance.
- After reaching the target body weight, a cat should be fed Prescription Diet™ Feline w/d™ to maintain its ideal weight.
- Do not allow obese cats to fast for more than 2-3 days because of the increased risk of hepatic lipidosis.
- Do not give urinary acidifiers.
- Ensure sufficient water intake.
- Overweight cats.
- Fibre-responsive conditions in overweight cats: diabetes mellitus, colitis and constipation.
Not recommended for
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Cats that are debilitated or underweight, dehydrated, or with increased energy requirements.
Need help or advice? Contact us:
- Freephone: 0800 084 2608
- Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 7:00pm
- Sat: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All prices include VAT where applicable.
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews for Hills Prescription Cat Food » R/D Food
- Value For Money
- Pet's Opinion
1 out of 1 (100%) customers would recommend this product.
Have you tried this product? Write a review and help others!
Great Slimmimg Aid!7th May 2013
- VioVet Customer Since: November 2008
- From: Essex, United Kingdom
My cats have got a little heavy and the vets recommended these biscuits. They are a lot cheaper from here so I started on a wright loos program. The boys love the taste of the biscuits and have lost a small amount of weight at a nice gentle pace. The biscuits are also helping to clean their teeth clean as they are super crunchy. Works well for me and I hope to get my boys slim for the summer!
- Value For Money
- Pet's Opinion
- Page 1 of 1
There are currently no questions for Hills Prescription Cat Food » R/D Food
Ask your own question about Hills Prescription Cat Food » R/D Food
Thank you for your question regarding Hills Prescription Cat Food » R/D Food, you will receive an email when a member of our team provides an answer.