Hills d/d diet is carefully formulated to help with the treatment of dietary allergies and food intolerances. These adverse reactions to foods which are perfectly good for most individuals are usually to one or more of the specific proteins in the diet. These ingredients are very unlikely to be associated with any sort of reaction, so the symptoms should gradually improve after several weeks of being fed Hills d/d. It is important to prevent any other foods from being eaten as well, or they might prolong the underlying problem.
- Product Price QTY
Hills Prescription Cat Food » D/D Food » Venison & Green Pea » 1.5kgEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. Our price: £14.15 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » D/D Food » Venison & Green Pea » 12kg (8 x 1.5kg Bags)Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. Our price: £109.84 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » D/D Food » Venison 156g Tin » Pack of 24Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £35.76 Our price: £27.77 Buy
Hills Prescription Cat Food » D/D Food » Venison 156g Tin » Pack of 72Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £107.28 Our price: £80.85 Buy
- Feeding Guide
- Hills Prescription Diet d/d key benefits
- Additional information
- Other products to consider
- Recommended for
- Not recommended for
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight.
|Body Weight kg||Dry grams|
|2||30 - 40|
|3||40 - 55|
|4||50 - 70|
|5||60 - 85|
|6||70 - 95|
|7 +||12 - 14 per kg|
A 156g can is equal to 50 grams of the dry food.
|Body Weight kg||Cans 156g|
|2||2/3 - 3/4|
|3||3/4 - 1 1/4|
|4||1 - 1 1/2|
|5||1 1/4 - 1 3/4|
|6||1 1/2 - 2|
|7 +||1/4 per kg|
|KEY FEATURES||KEY BENEFITS|
Single, novel animal source
Moderate amount of high digestibility
Helps avoid common food allergens.
Limits the amount of undigested protein in the intestinal tract able to provoke an adverse reaction.
|Omega-6 fatty acids||High||Helps maintain glossy coat and smooth skin.|
|Omega-3 fatty acids||High||Helps limit the skin reaction.|
|Carbohydrate||Solely from pea||Adverse reaction to green pea is rare.|
|Superior antioxidant formula||Added||Neutralises free radicals in the skin which is particularly sensitive to them.|
Venison & Green Pea: Dehydrated peas, pea protein extract, animal fat, pea bran meal, venison meal, vegetable oil, fish oil, DL-methionine, calcium sulphate, hydrolysed chicken (low molecular weight), calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, salt, taurine, vitamins and trace elements. Contains EU approved antioxidant.
Cans Venison Formula: Venison, green pea flour, pea protein extract, vegetable oil, cellulose, iron oxide, fish oil, DL-methionine, calcium sulphate, calcium carbonate, taurine, iodised salt, potassium chloride, dicalcium phosphate, vitamins and trace elements.
- Two novel protein formulas combine a single novel animal protein source (venison) with a single source of carbohydrate and vegetable protein (green pea).
- During Elimination Diet trial, ensure d/d™ Feline is the only source of food. Particular care is required with cats allowed outdoors.
- For increased palatability, the dry formula is coated with hydrolysed chicken. To avoid an allergic reaction this hydrolysate has an average molecular weight <6,000 daltons and no intact protein molecules.
- d/d™ Feline can benefit cats with chronic otitis externa (which can be a sign of an adverse food reaction) and cats with non-allergic skin disease, by providing essential nutrients. Fish oil, highly purified to exclude any protein residue, is added as a source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Other products to consider
For use as an Elimination Diet for maximum reliability in the identification of adverse food reactions:
Prescription Diet™ Feline z/d™ ULTRA Allergen-Free canned.
To help manage and eliminate adverse food reactions:
Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Low Allergen Feline dry.
- Initial management of cats with any skin conditions
- Adverse food reaction with dermatological or gastrointestinal signs
- Use as an Elimination Diet
Not recommended for
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Cats receiving urinary acidifiers concurrently
Need help or advice? Contact us:
- Freephone: 0800 084 2608
- Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 7:00pm
- Sat: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All prices include VAT where applicable.
No Reviews For Hills Prescription Cat Food » D/D Food
Have you tried Hills Prescription Cat Food » D/D Food? Be the first to write a review!