Harrison's Hand-Feeding Formula is the ideal feeding solution for chicks prior to being weaned. Contains wholesome, naturally-derived ingredients that are suitable for African Greys, parrots, macaws and numerous other birds at different stages of development.
- Product Price QTY
Harrison's Bird Food » Hand-Feeding Formula » Juvenile Hand Feeding FormulaThis item is not stocked and usually takes 5-14 working days for dispatch. TVP: £16.27 Our price: £10.35 Buy
Harrison's Bird Food » Hand-Feeding Formula » Neonate (350g)Estimated dispatch within 24 working hours. TVP: £14.40 Our price: £9.07 Buy
HARRISONS BIRD FOOD JUVENILE HAND-FEEDING FORMULA
A Certified Organic Complete Balanced Hand-Feeding Formula for Parrot Chicks and Special Needs Birds.
Harrison's Bird Food For Use In Birds...
- Nutritious formula for hand-feeding psittacine chicks until weaning.
- Can be used following post-hatch feeding of Neonate Formula for selected parrots (see below).
- Supports birds recovering from illness or injuries that may need supplemental feeding and birds that are losing weight during a diet conversion.
Harrison's Organic Bird Food Feeding Directions:
***Caution: The correct feeding technique must be used in order to prevent injury to the bird or inhalation of the formula that could result in pneumonia or death.
- From day 1 for pionus, African greys, Amazons, cockatoos, conures and macaws.
- From day 7 for other parrots.
- From day 21 for cockatiels.
- Step 1: Gently feel the crop to determine that it is almost empty before feeding.
- Step 2: Mix fresh: Juvenile Hand-Feeding Formula and bottled "drinking water" heated to approximately 103F (39C). Follow proportion of formula to water as directed by your avian veterinarian for the age of your bird. Do not microwave. Allow to cool to lukewarm. Chicks with their eyes opened should be fed 3-4 times daily, and birds with feathers emerging, 2-3 times daily.
- Step 3: Feeding with an irrigation syringe is probably the most universally successful technique. As one faces the bird, position the syringe to enter the oral cavity from the left side of the bird's beak and direct it toward the right side of the bird's neck. Deposit the food into the bird's mouth and, as it swallows, the normal feeding response closes off the trachea and prevents aspiration of the formula into the lungs.
- Step 4: Feed the bird until the crop is full but not overstuffed, and clean the excess formula from the bird's beak, feathers and enclosure.
Harrisons Bird Food Feeding Suggestions:
- One- to seven-day-old birds and birds with slow crop-emptying may benefit from adding a pinch of HBD's Avian Enzyme to the Formula just prior to feeding.
- To aid weaning after 21 days of age, add 1 Tbs finely chopped High Potency Formula or finely chopped organic nuts to 1 cup of Formula or introduce dry High Potency Formula in a separate bowl.
Harrison's Bird Food Ingredients:
*Ground Hulled White (Proso) Millet, *Ground Hi Oleic Sunflower Kernel, *Ground Hulless Barley, *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Soybeans, *Ground Shelled Peanuts, *Ground Split Green Peas, *Ground Green Lentils, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, *Ground Brown Rice, *Tapioca Maltodextrin, *Psyllium, *Ground Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Spirulina, Montmorillonite Clay, *Ground Sun-Dried Sea Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, d-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Harrisons Parrot Food Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein (min.) 18%, crude fat (min.) 11%, crude fiber (max.) 4%, moisture (max.) 10%.
Need help or advice? Contact us:
- Freephone: 0800 084 2608
- Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 7:00pm
- Sat: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All prices include VAT where applicable.
No Reviews For Harrison's Bird Food » Hand-Feeding Formula
Have you tried Harrison's Bird Food » Hand-Feeding Formula? Be the first to write a review!