Hills prescription diet C/D has been developed for the nutritional management of dogs with urinary-tract disease associated with crystal struvite. Urinary-tract disease is associated with the build-up of crystals and stones in the urinary-tract that can cause painful and often bloody urination. Hills canine C/D, available from VioVet, is formulated specifically to provide effective management for dogs with struvite-related urinary-tract disease and associated complaints. The diet contains reduced levels of phosphorous and magnesium. It is important to acknowledge the additional information provided beneath the prices to ensure your dog receives the best care.
- Product Price QTY
Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food » Dry » 2kg BagEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £15.49 Our price: £12.43 Buy
Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food » Dry » 5kg BagEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £34.49 Our price: £28.90 Buy
Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food » Dry » 12kg BagEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £65.99 Our price: £52.61 BuyBuy more and save!
QTY PRICE EACH 2-3 £51.57 4-5 £50.58 6+ £50.10
Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food » Wet » 12 x 370g CansEstimated dispatch within 24 working hours. RRP: £26.28 Our price: £21.36 BuyBuy more and save!
QTY PRICE EACH 2-3 £20.94 4-7 £20.74 8+ £20.54
- Feeding Guide
- Hills Prescription Diet c/d key benefits
- Additional information
- Other products to consider
- Recommended for
- Not recommended for
These ranges are a starting point only, because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
|Body Weight kg||Dry grams||Cans 370g|
|2.5||45 - 65||1/3 - 1/2|
|5||80 - 110||2/3 - 1|
|10||135 - 185||1 - 1 1/2|
|20||225 - 310||1 3/4 - 2 1/2|
|30||305 - 420||2 1/2 - 3 1/2|
|40||380 - 520||3 - 4 1/4|
|50||445 - 620||3 2/3 - 5|
|60 +||9 - 11 per kg||3/4 per 10kg|
A 370g can is equal to 120 grams of the dry food.
|KEY FEATURES||KEY BENEFITS|
| Magnesium |
|Reduced||Decreases urinary concentration of struvite, constituents, magnesium and phosphate.|
|Target urinary pH||Acid: pH 6.2-6.4||Discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals.|
|Superior antioxidant formula||Added||Neutralises free radicals to help combat urolithiasis.|
Beef, chicken, ground rice, ground maize, pork liver, vegetable fibre, vegetable oil, calcium sulphate, potassium chloride, iodised salt, vitamins and trace elements.
Ground maize, chicken and turkey meal, animal fat, digest, pea bran meal, vegetable oil, calcium carbonate, flaxseed, salt, potassium chloride, taurine, vitamins and trace elements. Contains EU approved antioxidant
- Monitor the urine.
- Eliminate urinary tract infection (infection with ureaseproducing organisms will result in a high urinary pH which will compromise efficacy).
Other products to consider
- To dissolve struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet Canine s/d. (Canine c/d is for long term management after the dissolution or removal of struvite uroliths.)
- For obesity-prone dogs: Prescription Diet Canine w/d has similar characteristics to Canine c/d in a low calorie formula.
- To control non-struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet Canine u/d
- Struvite uroliths (prevention of occurrence or recurrence)
Not recommended for
- Pregnant or lactating bitches.
- Dogs concurrently receiving urinary acidifiers.
- Dogs with: non-struvite urolithiasis, hyperlipidaemia or pancreatitis (or a history of, or at risk of, pancreatitis).
Need help or advice? Contact us:
- Freephone: 0800 084 2608
- Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 7:00pm
- Sat: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All prices include VAT where applicable.
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews for Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food
- Value For Money
- Pet's Opinion
1 out of 1 (100%) customers would recommend this product.
Have you tried this product? Write a review and help others!
Check price19th October 2013
- VioVet Customer Since: October 2012
- From: Essex, United Kingdom
Although the savings are good, if like me you put the money into your account each time you order, I would STRONGLY recomend that you check the price each and every single time you buy, they raise the price CONSTANTLY, and I mean C O N S T A N T L Y!!!!!!!
- Value For Money
- Pet's Opinion
- Page 1 of 1
Ask your own question about Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food
There are currently no questions for Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food, be the first to ask one!
Thank you for your question regarding Hills Prescription Diet C/D Dog Food, you will receive an email when a member of our team provides an answer.